Monday 16 April 2007

Do we have a "perennial fissure" in Canadian life too?

Thanks to those who have offered comments about my recent posting on the abuse of handicapped parking spots over on one of my other blogs. I certainly agree with Spinks and Marg that there are people who look able-bodied who have specific physical needs that limit their ability to be as mobile as the rest of us and are entitled to one of those handicapped parking placards. I also think it’s fair to say that most people would realize I was not addressing my comments to people in that category. We all realize there are exceptions. I do appreciate the input though and let it stand on its own merit.

If you’ve been following the discussion around the New York radio announcer Don Imus, you’ll know that although he was fired by CBS and MSNBC, the debate continues in the states about whether justice was served.

Probably one of the best discussions I’ve seen about it is in the current online edition of Newsweek magazine.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18110453/site/newsweek/

Have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment